Saturday 18 April 2009

Bromsgrove- Thursday



It was a miserable journey through rain and spray up the M1, along the M6 and down the M42 to Bromsgrove. We arrived at our normal time to discover that we couldn't get in until 4.30 as the theatre was being used as a cinema. I sat in the dressing room and finished my book while the others went down into the town.
Chris the techie was very helpful once we were able to unload and we set up and soundchecked in double quick time.
The audience soon got into the swing of things and joined in when asked (some nights they don't wait to be asked)and we had a good show.
Friday and Saturday night's shows have fallen victim to the recession so I was dropped off on the way through to Northampton as I will be taking my own van on the last night of the show. Mike, Willie and Nina will take the other van back to Ireland via South Wales and I will bring all our equipment back to Northampton.
With one day to go we've travelled over 7000 miles in about six weeks and I didn't realise how tired I was until I had a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment