Monday 9 March 2009

Tour update Monday





We have a day off today so it's a chance to catch up. Friday's concert at the Fairfield Hall was marred by a few technical hitches. Richard's monitors packed up and I had to turn my speaker around so that he could hear himself play. The stage was enormous and I wasn't quite close enough to Cosy's drums to feed off his playing. I'm inclined to write it off to experience and learn from it. Some friends came to the show and I spoke to them afterwards and several people came up and said how much they enjoyed the show. Must try harder.
Dave

1 comment:

  1. was one of Dave’s friends at the Fairfield Halls concert on Friday, yes there did seem to be a bit of a sound problem in the first 2 or 3 songs, but they were not too bad, after that the show just went from strength to strength and it was a very enjoyable evening.

    I am not really a Patsy Cline fan and did not know much about her or her music, but it was informative concert and I was so surprised how many of the songs performed in the show that were familiar to me. I have to say that Nina sang so well, she has such a good powerful voice, one of the best vocal tribute acts I have heard for a long time. (Would like to hear her sing a couple of k.d.lang’s songs!).

    Oh and the guys in the band were good too!

    Thanks Dave for a great evening’s entertainment.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete